Starting a business can be one of the most satisfying experiences in life – and one of the most challenging. It can also be a great way to create the life you want in your rural community. But prosperous business ventures don’t just happen; they grow out of careful research and planning. Community Futures can help you evaluate the potential your business idea, create a viable business plan, and learn the skills you’ll need to succeed. If you’re thinking that self-employment might be the right choice for you, contact your local Community Futures offices, and we’ll help you start on your way.
Community Futures Programs and Services
Tips and Tools
- Testing your Business Idea
- Small Business Trivia
- How to write a Business Plan
- Cash Flow Template
- What does Community Futures Look for in a Business Plan?
- Why Businesses Succeed
- Self-Employment Program: Many Community Futures offices deliver this program for unemployed people interested in starting their own business. Participants must be eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) – or currently receiving EI, or have recently received EI – or be current recipients of Income Support. The program allows participants to retain their EI or Income Support while learning about small business and developing a business plan.
- Entrepreneurs with Disabilities program: If you have a disability, ask your Community Futures office about this program that can help you start and run your business.
- GoForth Education for Entrepreneurs: This comprehensive training program teaches you the 100 essential skills necessary for running a successful business. Training is delivered through streaming web video, so you can learn when you want to. Contact your Community Futures office to get $25 off the cost of GoForth training!
- Business Counselling and Advice: Ask your Community Futures office about their business counselling and business plan assistance services. These services are typically free of charge for the first 4 hours.
- Small Business Solver: Some Community Futures offices offer this easy to understand on-line training that helps you diagnose issues and solve problems in your business. Click here for more information.
- Loans: Ask your Community Futures office about the various small business loan products they offer.