Investing in your business is the surest possible way to stay competitive and flexible, especially during times of economic instability or transition. Successful business owners know that they must always look to the future, whether it’s by training staff in the latest technology, improving or expanding facilities, or exploring new markets. Community Futures understands the need to assess possibilities and embrace new ideas – and we can help you capitalize on your strength and experience.
Tips and Tools
- Business Plan Template
- Management Consultant in a Box
- Industry Canada SME
- Why Businesses Succeed
- What does Community Futures Look for in a Business Plan?
- Productivity Alberta’s Productivity Assessment Tool: The web-based Productivity Assessment Tool will help you identify the areas in which your manufacturing or processing company is performing well and highlight important areas for improvement. Following the assessment, you’ll have a clearer picture of your productivity strengths and weaknesses relative to others in your industry. Then, with the help of Productivity Alberta, you’ll be connected to specific tools and services such as on-site process improvement assessments, value stream mapping, Lean 101 seminars, and process improvement implementation.
- Alberta Agricultural Business Consultants: This organization provides one-on-one client consultations to review your agricultural/food processing business as well as business assessments and annual reviews. Ask them about their Ag Business Analyzer (ABA) – an excellent tool for getting a handle on your business finances.
COMMUNITY FUTURES PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Loans: Ask your Community Futures office about the BizBuyout, GrowBiz, TrailBlazer, and FlexLine loan products..
- BizBuyout offers loans to assist with the purchase of an existing and successful rural business
- GrowBiz provides financing to help you expand or update your existing business – whether by expanding into new markets, responding to increased demand, or updating technology or processes
- TrailBlazer can provide financing for investments in technology or training to help you grow your business
- FlexLine offers flexible lines of credit from $5,000 to $50,000 – giving you a fast, convenient and affordable way to access funds
- GoForth Education for Entrepreneurs: This comprehensive training program teaches you the 100 essential skills necessary for running a successful business. Training is delivered through streaming web video, so you can learn when you want to. Contact your Community Futures office to get $25 off the cost of GoForth training!
- Business Counselling and Advice: Ask your Community Futures office about their business counselling and business plan assistance services. These services are typically free of charge for the first 4 hours.